Saturday, August 17, 2013

Great talk with a security personnel at midnight

I was not able to sleep so thought of going to lab as it is at a walk able distance. As usual I was entering the incoming register at Fusionopolis. I knew the security personnel, Saeed as I greeted him with a smile which culminated in a small conversation between us introducing ourselves. Today, he started the conversation asking when am I going to graduate. I was thrilled by his remembrance power and replied that I have three years to go.

Saeed: So what do you study ?
Me: PhD.
Saeed: What is the area of your study?
Me: Mobile Robotics.
Saeed: What do you want to do after getting the degree ?
Me: Work here for few and go back and join university.
Saeed: Cool. You ll be inventing some thing here?
Me: Not exactly, but to make things better than they currently are.
Saeed: Great! Where would you see ten years down the line, How would things be in next ten years?
What do you want to invent in next 10 years and what are you doing for that  to be achieved?

I was astonished to hear such a question.

Me: (Blank Face)
Saeed: What is your vision? What do you want to do , or will be doing after 15 years and what are you currently doing to achieve that?
Me: I have no idea what I want to work on ten years from now.

I was telling him that, once when people work on some thing for 10 - 15 years, then finally something which is new and good will be an outcome.

Later he talked about his project ideas which was similar to Google Glass and he didnt knew that Google is going to release such a product in coming few months. He wanted to get a degree in Marine Engineering, but it was prohibitively expensive and now he is working as a protection officer in the night time and as a fitness guide in the morning hours.

This conversation has left a deep impression on my heart to be motivated, have a vision, get a mission and work for that. People around have ideas and want to pursue so many things yet few get opportunity straight away. World is very competitive. You gotta cease the day friend!!!

Have a Vision
Get a Mission
and Stop not, till the goal is Reached ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment